This Scholars Group is now a First-Year Learning Community!
Who we are: A group of 20 Honors students who are interested in developing our definitions of leadership.
What we do: We examine leadership and various leadership styles by exploring our own strengths and skills while observing the interaction between leaders and the organizations they serve. Students participate in activities designed to assess their leadership capacity and gain confidence in their ability to contribute and lead in their communities. Students will interact and network with various community leaders who will share experiences, challenges, and personal leadership theories.
Scholars Group Goals
- Learn about leadership theories and the role of leaders and members in communities, including classrooms.
- Assess, reflect, and grow in your capacity to be a leader in your personal, professional, and community life.
- Apply theoretical constructs to real problems, demonstrating an understanding of leadership and practice.
- Develop professional, classroom, and networking etiquette.
- Participate in at least 80% of the classes to be eligible to attend the networking dinner.
- Create a working resume, and cover letter/letter of interest for future use.
- Prepare a positive and confident introduction to be used during, but not limited to, an interview.
2013-2014 Leadership Scholars Executive Summary
Previous Meeting Information
Wednesdays (twice per month)
12:00 – 1:30 PM
Honors Center 150