Service-oriented scholarships emphasize public policy, international affairs, and public service through study, research, and internships. Many of these scholarships require commitment to service following graduation from a master’s program.
- Funding for undergraduate and graduate students to travel abroad to study less commonly taught languages.
- Funding for 1 year for assisting in research projects related to foreign affairs and international peace.
- Funding for 2 years of postgraduate study for a master’s degree in an area related to international development or related area.
- Funding for 2 years of postgraduate study for a two-year master’s degrees in an area relevant to foreign service.
- Funding for 2 years of postgraduate study for a master’s degree in international affairs or another area related to the work of the Foreign Service.
- Funding for up to 3 years of postgraduate study in a field leading to a career in public service.
- Funding for 1-2 years of postgraduate study leading to a master’s degree from Peking University in Beijing, China.