Spring 2019’s Oxford Consortium For Human Rights will center on the theme of
Human Rights in Conflict and Peace Building
- Oxford Consortium in Oxford, England
- March 11th – 17th 2019
- Mandatory Pre-Consortium Workshops in Law Building
- February 15, 3:00-5:30pm
- February 22, 4:00-6:00pm
- March 1, 3:00-5:30pm
- Mandatory Post-Consortium presentation at a Hinckley Forum
- April 4, 12:00-1:30pm
Costs and Scholarships
- The total cost of the program is a $1,900 registration fee, plus airfare.
- Four scholarship funds available through the Honors College to pay for the registration fee.
- This registration fee scholarship covers room and board for the entirety of the week long consortium.
Students should be prepared to take a week off of classes during spring semester as well as attend all three mandatory discussion sessions prior to leaving. Students will also be responsible for booking and purchasing their own airfare.
During this week students will engage an international cohort of peers through day long workshops and presentations to investigate the current condition of human rights as a philosophy and policy. As representatives of the Honors College and University of Utah at this international forum students will be selected for funding based on academic achievement and commitment to the pursuit of human rights. While attending the consortium students will be held to a high standard of behavior and engagement.
Applications due by 5:00pm on November 30th, 2018.
For more information, contact Kelly O’Neill at email@example.com.