You must complete all required courses before applying for the Honors Certificate.
- For example, if you complete the coursework during Fall semester, you should apply for the certificate during Spring semester.
- Run an Honors DARS report to make sure that you have satisfied all requirements for the Certificate. (If you need help, please check the Advising Web page for detailed instructions on DARS).
- You must have a 3.5 cumulative grade point average to be eligible for the certificate. The certificate designation will appear on your transcript at the end of the semester in which your application was approved.
- Application deadlines for having the Certificate on your transcript are below. Remember that you must complete the coursework BEFORE the semester you are applying in. For example, if you want your transcript at the end of spring semester to show your certificate, you need to complete all the courses by the previous fall semester, and you apply to have the certificate designation by February 1.
- For Certificate to show on Fall semester transcript: apply by October 1
- For Certificate to show on Spring semester transcript: apply by February 1
- For Certificate to who on Summer session transcript: apply by June 1
- If the application deadline falls on a weekend, you have until the following Monday to submit your application.
- If you are graduating in the same semester that you are completing your classes for your certificate, the certificate will not show up on your transcript until after graduation.
- We do not process Certificate applications until after the deadline, so even if you apply a month before, it will not be reviewed until after the deadline.
- Students will be notified at the end of the semester they are applying if their certificate has been approved and posted or denied.
We will notify you by email if you were approved or not for the Certificate.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. First & Last Name
2. uID number & email address
3. Tentative Graduation date
4. Any exceptions to your Honors Certificate requirements (LEAP courses, transferred with 59 credits or more, and/or Study Abroad).
5. Please attach your Honors DARS report showing your completed Honors course work.