Congratulations! You’ve just been accepted to the Honors College at the University Of Utah…now what?
A few steps are required before you begin at the University Of Utah.
- Students are required to pay an enrollment deposit to secure their place at the U. This payment is not due until May 1, 2020. However, you cannot register for mandatory orientation without payment. https:/admissions.utah.edu/confirm/. Confirming your intent to enroll is all that you need to do for the Honors College. The Honors College does not require an acceptance of your spot with Honors beyond this enrollment payment.
*If your enrollment payment is waived, no further action is required.
**If you plan to defer, enrollment payment is still required.
- Register for orientation. https://orientation.utah.edu/orientation/first-year-fall-semester.php. Honors holds special sessions with advisors during summer orientation. You will be informed of your Honors session day and time later in the year once you have registered for orientation. Should you attend an orientation for a summer start, or international orientation, please make a separate appointment with an Honors advisor during that time.
- Visit Honors (optional but highly recommended)
- Honors hosts special Honors Choice Days and Information Session/Tours to help you determine if Honors is the best fit for you.
- Honors Choice Days are the most comprehensive look at the Honors College. Guests will participate in sessions covering an overview of Honors, Housing, our Integrated Minors and study abroad, the student perspective and time with faculty and advisors. Tours of the Honors Residence are provided as an optional add on to the day. Three Choice Days are available in spring (February 15th, February 22th or March 21th). All Choice Days are held on Saturdays and begin at 1:30pm, ending by 4pm. REGISTER
- Honors Information Sessions/Tours are good alternatives for students who cannot participate in an Honors Choice Day. Led by exemplary current honors students, the information session/tour is an abbreviated option for accepted students who cannot attend an Honors Choice day and an excellent option for a prospective student. Your tour guides will overview the Honors College and important dates and deadlines. Tours meet at 4:30pm, in the lobby of the Marriott Honors Community Building and are held on varying Mondays and Fridays. REGISTER
INTERESTED IN LIVING WITH HONORS YOUR FIRST YEAR?
**Honors students are NOT required to live in Honors Housing.**
You can apply to live in for housing through the “Student Housing” square on your CIS profile. The 2020-2021 application opens February 10th, with a priority application deadline of March 10th. Applications received after this date will be reviewed only after all applicants meeting the priority deadline have received an Honors Housing offer.
All first year Honors students in Honors Housing live in one of our Living & Learning Communities (LLCs) . Each LLC requires specific course enrollment and participation. Honors students can live in special honors student spaces in the Kahlert Building or our floor in one of the Sage Point buildings. First year students may not live in the Marriott Honors Community building. This is now a space for upper division honor students, only.
If you would like to find out more about what it’s like to live in Honors Housing, come to one of our Honors Choice Days or Honors Tours (register HERE).
- Housing Application Opens: February 10th
- Priority Housing Application Deadline: March 10th
- Honors students are NOT required to live in Honors Housing
- You may accept other on-campus housing while remaining in Honors Housing waiting pool